Mission and values
To operate, protect, showcase and develop in a sustainable way the Val-Jalbert historic site, the foundations of which are based on history, heritage and the surrounding natural environment.
Authenticity, partnership, distinction and respect.
Values - Reference
- Site classified by the MCCCFQ
- Regognition and protection of the architectural heritage of the Village
- Respect for the rules of the Commission des Biens culturels du Québec
- "HD" distinction from the MRC :
- Highly distinctive positioning
- Pride, solidarity and openness
- Consumer appeal
- Application of international standards governing the quality of the service and products
- Offers one of the best immersive experiences among tourist and heritage sites in North America;
- Is an authentic heritage site offering dynamic and innovative ways to visit, adapted to visitors, and allowing for the discovery of the site's many facets;
- Is a leader which sets itself apart by the application of superior standards of quality in all aspects of the operation and by the promotion of its heritage.
Raising the profile of the site and improving the quality of the tourist experience
On November 24, 2011, the Village was awarded a prestigious Canadian Tourism Award
- The Traveller Experience Award
On February 24, 2012, the Village won three (3) "Grands Prix du tourisme" at the regional tourism gala.
- Personality of the year - Guy Moreau
- Attraction with 50,000-100,000 visitors
- Best web site
Circuit des amusées
The historical Village of Val-Jalbert is proud to take part in le circuit des amusées. Discover 9 museums around Lac-Saint-Jean and pay less !